Monday, July 11, 2011

Sympathy Flowers


My husband called me from work this afternoon for a little pick-me-up.  We live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone, and how and what everyone is doing.  At his work, there is a sweet old, albeit curmudgeony, gentleman (the father of one of the owners) who spends his day driving customers around town while their cars get serviced, drinking coffee at A&W, and doing a fair amount of old-man style complaining about some SOB or other.  During his travels around the dealership, he often drops in on my husband for a visit (according to him, my hubby is "one cool cat").  So when dear old Frank seemed a little off yesterday, Chris asked him if everything was ok.  The response he got was that Frank seems to think he's "come to the end of my rope."  80 some odd years is a pretty good shot at things, but when Frank decided to stay home today because he wasn't feeling well, it got everyone down a little.  Thinking about this hardy ex-truck driver as a frail old guy made me think of all the people that I've heard have passed along recently.  So with this in mind, I set out to make some sympathy cards that aren't black and grey and depressing.  The muted blue tones of this card made it solemn, but the punch of yellow is that light that you see at the end of the tunnel.

Stamps:  Fabulous Florets, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Extras:  Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Flower Garden embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment