Saturday, July 16, 2011

Crafter's Anonymous

From several of my previous posts, you have by now realized that I am a teacher (if you haven't realized this, read more carefully), and that I get the summer off.  Does this mean that I sleep in though?  Absolutely not.  My husband still has to go to work so when his alarm goes off at 6:30, I'm up too.  What do I do in early morning while he's getting ready for work?  Why, come into my craft room, or course!  So this morning, he posted a comment on his facebook page asking of anyone knows of a CA group that he could contact.  Apparently I need an intervention...

So this morning, I continued making wedding cards (I've been trying to stockpile them for the market).  This little gem came to me in my sleep and needed to be made immediately.


No, that's not metallic paper.  I covered up a piece of cardstock with tin foil and ran it through the EF.  I am fairly impressed with myself right now.

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Basic Black
Extras:  Vintage Wallpaper EF, Scallop punch, Oval punch, TIN FOIL!

3 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! I just got that folder from my BF. You certainly get up early. My Hubby is a teacher at SFU. I've thought about teaching high school, but hope to do something crafty (that pays!) eventually. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What made you try that? Did you use it with the paper or peel it off? I can't get over this ~ totally assumed it was some sort of thicker material! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suzie!
    I was just trying to think of different wedding cards I could make and wanted a silver one. This seemed like a good option! I glued the foil to my card stock and then ran both layers through the embossing folder. I left them together afterwards so that the foil would hold its shape. I don't think it would stay like this is you separated the layers. It seems to me like the foil would get smushed and go flat again.
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete