Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trying Something New

So I was out in my new craft room this afternoon (pics coming tomorrow) and I tried out a new technique.  Basically I stamped the image in Daffodil Delight and then sponged some Old Olive onto the outer part of the image.  Then I used my Night of Navy marker to tap some colour on top of that.  I saw this on one of my favourite blogs (Sandi Mac Iver) and wanted to give it a try, however, I could see at once that I wasn't going to like it.  I think on a different background I would like it more.  She used Parlour Print and it looked amazing.  In this image however, it just wasn't quite right, so I sponged it in.  I like how it ended up, I just wish that I would have added a little more Navy.  Now I know for next time.

And here's my helper, Lily.  She traipsed back and forth across the ice patch that used to be our backyard and kept me company while I moved everything over from the house.  Tomorrow I'll post a better pic of my space.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the effect, would be good with the delicate doilies set too!
    Kelly xx