Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Colour Q #129


Being on spring break means I have more spare time on my hands than I know what to do with.  So what do I do with it?  Spend hours looking at challenge blogs and making cards - that's what.  I love the Colour Q site when I need inspiration, but I've never played along with their challenges.  Of course the week I choose to do so, one of the colours I like least shows up.



Don't get me wrong, Tempting Turquoise is a nice colour, but I rarely find myself using the brights.  (However, I did make 2 cards with brights this week...)  It was especially challenging to use these colours together.



I knew that I wanted to have white butterflies, so I added a few in Rich Razzleberry as well.  I think they look whimsical.  I really like the layout that I did for this card, so I think I'll repeat it in neutrals for a wedding card.




I'm not in love with this one, but I like it well enough.  I should have left the bottom corner alone and I would have liked it more, but, being a challenge and all, I tried something that I don't usually do, and stamped the sentiment right on the DSP.  Big mistake.  It looked horrible.  I had to cover it up with something, so this is what I ended up with.

Why am I posting this card if I don't like it?  Because I did something outside of my comfort zone, and though I don't love the colours, I do love the layout.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning....what a good "save"....I would not have known you made a boo=boo, or that you didn't care for the colors. The softness is so pretty! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card looks great, those gorgeous butterflies flitting across the card like that. Also loving the little bits of bling. :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ. I do hope you will join us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!! love butterflies! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Crystal, such a pretty array of butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week for the ColourQ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Crystal - I love the butterflies! Thank you so much for playing with us at colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete