Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beautiful Wings & Scallop



I  love coming home to presents on my doorstep.  I bought these for myself mind you, nevertheless, it's so exciting to pull into the driveway to see a Stampin' Up box on the porch.  I really should have spent the evening marking some essays, but let's be honest here, this was waaaaayyyyy more fun.

I haven't tried making cards in any other than the traditional shape, but since this little baby was in the box today, I decided to give scalloped shaped cards a whirl.  It's definitely smaller than usual, but I think the funkiness of it more than makes up for the smaller size.  Along with my new scallop die I got an Embosslit.  I'm already in love with these little butterflies.  The plate actually cuts 5 little butterflies, so I put one of them inside the card for an extra touch.

If you want to make a scallop card, you just cut 2 scallops from your cardstock and on one piece, score across the top, about 1/4" in.  This will give your card the support it needs to stand up.


Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie (105117), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Whisper White (119952), Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (115675),
Extras:  Scallop Circle (113468), Beautiful Wings Embosslits (118138), Modern Label Punch (119849), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (102023)

No comments:

Post a Comment