Thursday, February 24, 2011
Quick & Easy Gift Card Holder
In a pinch for a gift? We all love gift cards, and giving them seems to be an easy solution when you're not sure what else to do. The thing I don't like about gift cards however, is the horrible little sleeve you get to put it into. Nothing screams "I didn't know what to get you" like a plain old GC in the generic sleeve.
Here's my solution. It takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, and that's if you still have to hum and haw over what paper you're going to us. Designer paper is great for this - you know exactly what cardstock matches your DSP, so you can throw this little guy together in no time.
The inside is made of an envelope cut in half. It holds a nice little note in the first slot, and a gift card in the second. Presto. Personalized gift. You could make a bunch of these ahead of time and just leave the sentiment to add at the last minute to suit your need.
1. Cut your cardstock into a piece measuring 7 1/2" x 4 3/4."
2. Score at 1 1/4" and 4 1/2." Use your bone folder to make the folds crisp.
3. Seal an A2 envelope and cut in half vertically (the closing flap should have equal widths on each half).
4. Using your SNAIL, apply three strips of adhesive down the middle of one side of one of your halves (the vertical way). Line up the halves and stick together.
5. Adhere the pockets to the cardstock (the middle section). Only apply adhesive to the middle section on each side so your holder can flex open (like in the photo above).
6. Embellish as you please!
7. To create the flap that keeps your holder closed, apply dimensional stickers to one end of an embellishment. Apply them just a few mm away from the edge and be generous with the amount you use. For the card with the white paper I used 5 dimensionals. It seems like a lot, but you want it to stick! Alternatively, you can use ribbon (like on the red card) and double-sided tape.
Stamp: Just Believe (120453)
Paper: Poppy Parade (119793), Sunny Garden (119831)
Ink: Poppy Parade (119782)
Extras: Envelope (107301), Modern Label Punch (119875), Whisper White Ribbon (109025)