Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thank Yous



It's Sunday.  Something about Sundays says to me, "You should try and accomplish absolutely nothing today."  Okay.  I can do that.  It's 4:18 and I'm not entirely sure where my day went.  I certainly didn't do anything very constructive.  Wait!  I sorted the dirty laundry and did a load.  Okay, half a load.  I threw it in the washing machine and asked my dear husband to hang it up.  I did make myself a giant plate of hashbrowns and scrambled eggs this morning.  That must count for something.  No?  Fair enough.  How about the steaming cup of hot chocolate I'm sipping on right now?  It took a good 10 minutes to make.  This is no ordinary hot chocolate you see.  It is heavenly hot chocolate.  It contains one half of a Purdy's Milk Chocolate bar, and about a tablespoon of Nutella.  These three ingredients come to life over a slow burner, after being whipped to perfection.  I was out of whip cream however, so it's not quite as good as it should be.  Certainly making that counts.



Okay, non-sequitur finished.  I did make a few things in the old craftroom today.  The first was this little thank you container I put together for one of my stamping ladies.  She's quite a lovely person and I think I am going to persue that friendship a little more.  She used to be a demo years ago, and is now down-sizing her supplies.  I went over one afternoon and looked through her stuff with her and helped her sell a huge lot of it.  She gave me a bunch of re-inkers and a lovely set that she didn't want, so I wanted to say thank you.




I cut up a stack of Twitterpated into 6 X 6 squares and wrapped it with some baker's twine.  That didn't satisfy the depth of my thanks, so I made a card and this little guy to do with it.  It didn't take me long to put together using my scallop punch to make the scrunchy flower (see previous post if you don't know how to do this).  I punched another scalloped circle out of Twitterpated and added it to the top of the container.  To finish it all off I used some Pear Pizzazz ribbon to make a couple of loops underneath,  Inside I put some lengths of ribbon to match the DSP so she'd have everything she needed to make a few cards with this lovely series.

I'm not sure if you can purchase these little containers, but I think they would make lovely favours.

1 comment:

  1. ah this is so pretty I'm sure it was gratefully received, and that flower is beautiful, I have been making flowers but not a multicoloured one yet! Think that will have to go on the next project I make!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete