Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Heart Hearts + Pals Paper Arts 128

This evening I've got a workshop booked with 16 ladies!  I usually plan my workshops for about 8, so when my hostess told me there would be 16 stampers coming to play, I knew I had to change my game plan.

The first card was a quick fix - I'm just going to make 2 samples using 2 different sets.  I'll post the pics of these tomorrow sometime.  My second card is a Valentine's day card.  Here's what I had planned on doing.

However lovely this set is, it's not a card to do with such a large group of ladies.  I did it with my stamper's club last month and even with only 5 of them it took a long time.  

While drinking my morning coffee and surfing, I found a perfect Valentine's Day challenge.  Pals Paper Arts this week is a colour challenge using any three reds.  I always like to showcase punches in my workshops and I have a TON of red & pink paper lying around so I came up with this little baby.  Not only it is a great way to use up little scraps that I've been hoarding, but you get the chance to play with the small heart stamp and the amazing new Framelits collection.  I love the combo of Riding Hood Red, Real Red, and the Red Glimmer paper.



It still needed a little something extra so I ran the matting piece through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper EF.  After that I took a pearl acrylic paint dauber and ran it over the cardstock to give it a nice shimmer.  I'm pretty please with the outcome.  Now I just need to get started cutting the paper for it!




No comments:

Post a Comment