Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life Is All About Compromises



Last night my DH and I decided to sit down after dinner and watch a movie.  As per my post yesterday, I am obsessed with rosettes right now on account of my new die.  I though, "Ooh, I should make a bunch of rosettes while we're watching the movie."  So I cut 42 strips of paper and brought them out to the living room.  Much to my dismay, there was a show on about those guys that beat the you-know-what out of each other.  UFC I'm pretty sure it's called.  "Ah ha!" I thought to myself.  "I'll get Chris to help me make these in exchange for watching this grotesque display."  It turns out that it wasn't a fight, but a show about each of the fighters to get everyone hyped up for the barbaric display this weekend.

                            

However, I sat through it anyways in exchange for help folding and gluing these little suckers.  Sometime into it I chuckled and said, "Isn't it funny that we're watching a show about fighting while we're on the couch crafting?"  To which Chris responded, "I'm not crafting.  I'm folding."  This made me smile.  Let the record show, he was FOLDING and GLUING, not crafting.  I love him.

So here are the fruits of our labours.  This morning while he rides his bike for an hour I am going to put together (well, try at least) a wreath.  I still have to make some of the big ones by hand *sigh*, but I'll try and limit those.


2 comments:

  1. I love you're blog- everything about it :) Especially how you have all the tabs for workshops and everything, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments ladies! It's such fun to share my creations and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete