Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is That What I Think It Is?





Yep.  It's a Christmas card.  Time seems to have slipped by me these past few weeks and I haven't really done a whole lot to get ready for the fair.  Yesterday I realized that I have next to nothing made, and that there are four sets of Christmas stamps waiting to be mounted onto their blocks and used.  Thus, Christmas cards in August!  I also posted some upcoming events for anyone local that happens to look at my blog, and figured it would be nice to show some photos of a few of the projects they'll be making at our Stamp-a-Stacks and buffets.




Don't get me wrong, I love red and green (you'll see many cards with that scheme as we get closer to winter), but I really like using non-traditional colours for Christmas.  We have two sets of decorations for our tree which we alternate between (red, gold, and green - turquoise, white, and silver) but I'm thinking it's about time to add another set into the mix (I have yet to figure out where we'll store those boxes...).  Night of Navy and Pear Pizzazz make a lovely duo, but I'm quite smitten by Basic Grey, Wisteria Wonder, and the amazing new Silver Glimmer paper.

If you don't recognize the sets used in these cards the snowflakes are from Snow Swirled, and the ornaments are from Delightful Decorations.  I'm not really into Santa cards, so these were a must for me. I made a few emboss-resist cards with Snow Swirled (will post at another time) and it makes for magical looking images.  I want to say that if you were only going to buy 2 sets for Christmas, these should be them, but I'll wait until I'e played with Winter Post before committing to such a remark.  However, if you really needed a few sets right now, buy these ones.  Of course the ornament punch is awesome, but if you had to choose between one set and a punch, or 2 sets, take the 2 sets.  It's not a super difficult shape to cut out.  If you're anything like me though (lacking any self-control when it comes to crafting items) buy them all!  And Glimmer paper, and silver embossing powder too!


Stamps:  Snow Swirled, Delightful Decorations
Ink:  Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz (top)
Paper:  Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White (top), Wisteria Wonder, Basic Grey, Silver Glimmer (bottom)
Extras:  Ornament punch, Silver embossing powder (bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment