Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lovely As a Tree


Sorry for the bad picture.  It's only 4:25 and it's dark outside already.  I could wait until tomorrow to retake the picture, but I'm lazy, and I don't want to. :)

I love this set.  It's the oldest set in the catalogue and I never tire of it.  I also don't seem to be tiring of masking and sponging.  You can make so many variations using this technique, and it doesn't require a bunch of tools to do.

I started my sponging with Night of Navy, but it was just too dark so I switched to Midnight Muse.  Much better.  For the snowbanks and I didn't ink my sponge again, I just went with whatever was left over from the sky.  It's super light, but enough to add some definition.



I knew I needed a little something extra since this is a pretty simple card so I used some Iridescent Ice to glitz up the sentiment.  Perfect!  And because it's so skinny, I can mail it with a regular stamp.  Bonus!  As we get nearer to mailing Christmas cards, that's important to consider.  Postage jumps from $0.61 to $1.29.  Not so bad?  Try mailing 30 cards like that. $18 turns into $38 pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment