Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blooming With Kindness Stepped Up

Wow.  I just had a week off and I have no idea where it went.  Oh wait.  That's right.  It went into reading two massive books (A Dance With Dragons - George R R Martin & Winter of the World - Ken Follett), and drinking copious amounts of coffee, because I could.

Anyways, in between all that reading and sipping, I managed to pop out a few cards.  One of my newest sets, Blooming With Kindness, took centre stage.  At regionals in September were were given several presentations about stepping cards up.  The premise being that you can make a rather simple card at workshops, but have a stepped up version that they can make with just a few more steps.

Here's my first take on the stepped up process.



This one is pretty simple.  You really only need basic supplies.  I used the stamp set, 2 inks, cardstock, a sponge, and some ribbon (which is optional).  Pretty simple supplies for a lovely little card. (And quick too!)

With a few more supplies however, you can take the card from lovely to gorgeous.  I stepped it up by:  heat embossing with both gold and Early Espresso powder, embossed the background with the Fancy Fan folder, and distressed the edges a little more with my scissors.


Here's a closer look at the embossing.  The light outside today isn't great, but this card looks beautiful in person.  I'm really happy with how the two embossing powders turned out.  I versamarked the image and then poured on a little of each and shook it around a bit to get full coverage.  I'm going to order the turquoise powder as well and see how it turns out with the gold.




So there you have it!  Stepped up with just a couple of extra goodies.  I'm going to try this out at my next workshop.

Speaking of next workshops, I'm also trying to showcase how you don't need 800 sets to make a bunch of different cards.  I'm going to use this set and make several different options to show how it can be used in a variety of ways.  Stay tuned!

1 comment: