Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pocket Full of Posies




In the new Idea Book & Catalogue there are soooooo many things that I simply must have. This DSP happens to be one of them. Unlike many of their previous designs, this paper is host to a few sheets of large images that look like they were made more for scrapbooking than card making. I don't do scrapbooking however, I did find a way to use this gorgeous prints. It's my co-worker's birthday this weekend and I wanted to make her something special. This woman does absolutely everything (she even makes her own cheese - seriously? Who the heck knows how to make cheese?) and appreciates the love put into handmade gifts. I've never asked her if she keeps a journal, but I'm sure she does. She's probably a famous published author using a pseudonym...

So here's what I came up with. These journals are amazing gifts (I get squeals of delight each time I give one) and really show off stunning prints such as these.

Since I had all the supplies out, and the measurements in my head, I decided to make another one while I was at it. It's the end of the school year and the daughter of a good friend of mine was one of my students. I think I'll give this one to her to thank her for making such a difference in our school.










No comments:

Post a Comment