Monday, June 13, 2011

OMG


Forgive the texting language of the title, but I spend my days with teenagers, and OMG really sums up my thoughts about this one.  Tonight was game 6 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, and I'm a Vancouver fan.  I'm not one of those rabid fans that screams at the television, but if the Canucks are playing, I enjoy watching them.  Sadly, this was not the case tonight.  I knew that my newest shipment of Stampin' Up products would be waiting patiently, like a lonely pet, on the front porch when I got home tonight.  Originally, our plan was to watch the game at a friend's place, but she got sick, so plans changed.  This meant that I did not get to go home after work and tear open my SU boxes like a 5 year old on Christmas morning, as I had planned.  Long story short, Vancouver SUCKED tonight, and we ended up coming home after the first two periods.  My heart leaped with joy when I saw my boxes neatly piled beside the front door. 

The new Idea Book & Catalog is due to be released at the beginning of next month, but I received my sneak peeks this evening.  The new In Colours are gorgeous and I couldn't want until tomorrow to play.  Back to the teenagers - I have a bunch of students graduating this year that I've got soft spots for, so I am still plugging away at making cards for them.  One of the girls is named Vanessa, so naturally I had to make a card with butterflies all over it for her.  I love the playful colours of this card and they worked perfectly with the butterfly punch.

Stamps:  Punch Potpourri, Happy Greetings
Paper:  Calypso Coral, So Saffron, First Edition DSP
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder
Extras:  Basic jewles pearls, Butterfly punch

No comments:

Post a Comment