Friday, February 18, 2011

Paper Bag Album




I put my new Crop-a-dile to good use last weekend making a birthday gift for my favourite cousin.  After watching about a hundred Youtube videos on paper bag albums, I decided that I didn't like any of their ideas and figured I could put my new toy to use.  Figures I was right!  I used 4 paper bags and the Sunny Garden designer series paper.  It ended up taking me about three hours to do since it was my first one and I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, but it was worth the time.


Love the ribbon scrunchie thing...  Works with skinny ribbon just as well as the thicker stuff.  Both the butterfly and the Bliss sentiment are from the "Bliss" set.





These little ribbon flowers (right page) are super easy to make, and super cute.  (See techniques page for a how-to)

The paper bag thing is neat because you can add little notes or extra photos on little tags that slide in and out of the open-ended "pages."



The designer paper series was great to use because they're all designed to go together, and they're double-sided.  I didn't have to worry about over-using any of the patterns, or trying to find enough that would work well together.

I also tried out my heat tool and some clear embossing powder on some plain cardstock (yellow page).  I think the result is really stunning, but also very simple.  The stamp I used for the background is also from the Bliss set that you can earn free during Sale-a-bration.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up evenly.  What a great little tool!  This was also in the box of goodies I got recently that I had been waiting to try out.  It's about $15 and well worth it if you have to have everything lined up perfectly (like I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment