Monday, August 13, 2012

Patina Birthday



Last weekend my lovely cousin came down for the day and I showed her how to do a bunch of different techniques.  I'd been wanting to try out this fauz patina technique for a while, so this was the perfect time to do so.  I loved it!  We were super impressed with the lovely gradient of colours, and the embossing powder gave it a lovely vintage feel.

Today is the 18th birthday of one of my best friends and I wanted to make her a nice card but I wasn't really feeling any of the ideas that were swirling around in my head.  Then I noticed this panel sitting on my desk still and I started to envision something suited for a young woman of her age.  She's not really a kid anymore so I wanted the design of my card to reflect that.



Since I had the panel made already, this card actually only took me about ten minutes to make.  I layered it with some distressed Pool Party and then stuck them onto a base of Soft Suede.  I love these little rolled roses and the extra dimension they give a card.  And of course I needed ribbon.  The Victoria Trim was a no-brainer.

I'm looking forward to hearing from my friend tomorrow morning about how a house full of teenagers goes.



1 comment:

  1. This is amazing - will you share how you did it? I love everything about this card - colors, roses, background...everything!!

    ReplyDelete