Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #127





 The sun us out again today after a wild storm last night.  Sunny days make me think of butterflies and flowers.  This week's challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments call for you to use the dazzling diamond dust technique. 





I made the panel with the fading ink and knew I wanted a dimensional butterfly on it as well.  What goes better with butterflies than shimmer?


 

I was going to add a birthday sentiment, but thought that the dark pallet would work well for a sympathy card.  I don't really like making cards that say "With Sympathy" because I think it's a little morbid to have those hanging around as "just in case" cards.  The phrase from Herb Expressions fits the bill nicely, but would also be used for someone going through a tough time.  Still a bit of a downer, but not so much as sympathy.

5 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! Love the color combo!! The black really makes it POP!!! So pretty!! The sparkle butterfly is beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really lovely "There For You" card, I love your butterfly, it all goes perfectly together! I agree, sympathy cards are my least favorite :) to make, anyway. But they're so appreciated. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully colored butterfly and the shimmer is perfect. I also love the color palette. So soft and pretty. I too do not like having sympathy cards on-hand but I agree your sentiment is perfect to show support for someone going through a tough time. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors, the softness, the sparkly butterfly and the sweet simple layout. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your card here, and I basically have CASED it..different colors...but please check out my blog at www.stampingwitherin.blogspot.com and you will see!! Thanks again, love your talent!!

    ReplyDelete