Sunday, July 22, 2012

Adventures in Collaging



After dinner tonight I sneaked out to the craft room again for one more card.  One of my favourite things to do whilst sipping my morning coffee is blog surf.  Yesterday morning I was poking around on Heather Telford's site Bits & Pieces and saw her series of collage cards.  Her creations are stunning and I pinned one with this colour scheme to make for later.  I didn't think I'd get to it until at least tomorrow, but I just couldn't wait.


 

The colours I've used for this card are Summer Starfruit, Lucky Limeade, and Old Olive.  I started by inking up En Francais with SS, then stamped it off once before daubing a little OO and LL on there as well.  The rest of the images are from Papaya Collage.  Oh, that's not entirely true.  That swirly guy up the right is a the Baroque Borders wheel (now retired).  I hate the wheels, but love the images so I rip the rubber off the wheel and make it into a long skinny stamp instead.  This way I can get full coverage, and blend the colours if I want to.

1 comment:

  1. I love collage cards and this one is a keeper! I think you combined the colors and images beutifully!

    ReplyDelete