Monday, April 30, 2012

Life Gets in the Way



Holy moly.  My life has been one big whirlwind for the last month.  Between soccer tournaments, starting my masters, work stuff, and a social life, I don't seem to have any downtime recently.  After a couple of hours reading up on the brain and its crazy abilities, I made an appearance in my craftroom.



At the beginning of the month I received several new sets that I've had my eye on for some time, and I pulled one of them out today.  I knew that I wanted to have a masculine themed workshop next month but hadn't really thought about the cards for it much.  Extreme Elements was one of the sets that I hadn't played with yet, so that was a match.  Then for colour scheme.  I have a bunch of More Mustard Scallop Dots ribbon that's been sitting there for months that I decided needed to be used.  I love Not Quite Navy with More Mustard, and Always Artichoke rounded things out nicely.

Now, I must admit that my Stampin' Wheel has been sitting in a basket unused for more than a year.  It's just too fussy for me and I don't want to buy 40 uninked cartridges and refills.  However, I recently purchased the Speckles wheel and LOVE it.  It makes a really nice understated background.  I can see myself using it on lots of things in the future.


Apparently I was in the mood for grunge since I roughed up and distressed all of my layers on this one.  The ribbon even got a bit of ink smeared on it.  I don't usually use ribbon on masculine cards, but I like the effect of having the ends showing.  I think it makes it less girly.  I wanted to add some brads as well, but I couldn't find the container.



Inside I used the footprints from the set, as well as the Father's Day sentiment from Delightful Dozen.  My stamp shifted on my block before I stamped the image, but I actually like the crookedness for this card so I left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment