Saturday, December 3, 2011

One More



Ok, I thought I was done with the Christmas cards.  Guess not.  My husband was up at 2:20 this morning to drive down to Kelowna for a course, and naturally, I had a hard time getting back to sleep.  So what did I do?  Went to the happy place (aka - craft room).

I'm having a card buffet with the ladies that I work with this morning, so I have all of their packages made up nicely, ready to go.  I wanted to throw in one more, so here's what came out of my brain this morning.

The first version was with Pear Pizzazz and Early Espresso, but it just wasn't doing it for me.  Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip fixed that one.  I brayered the CC ink onto the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and then ran a piece of Very Vanilla through it.  I've only done this technique with coloured cardstock before, and the result with the thinner Vanilla was quite a bit different.  The coverage isn't quite as uniform, and I think it looks antiquey (pretty sure that's not a word).  Then I layered it all together and punched the ornament through all three layers so you could see through to the inside.  I had a heck of a time finding my Stampamajig, but it finally showed up.  You really need it for this one so that you can line up the ornament stamp on the inside correctly.

I still wasn't totally happy with it at that point, so I gave it a little shimmer spray, and outlined the ornament with glass glitter.  Much better.  This photo doesn't really do the card justice (the lighting here this morning isn't great), but the card is very lovely in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment